Not only is this recipe a cinch to prepare but it tastes fabulous! Cool cream cheese, lemon burst yogurt and lime zest form the perfect backdrop for the fresh fruity combination of mangoes and strawberries. The addition of coconut macaroons makes this desert truly memorable!
Strawberry Mango Macaroon Trifles
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2, 8 oz. containers Lemon Burst yogurt
- 2 limes, zested and juiced (2 tsp. each)
- 8 ounces cool whip topping
- 12 soft coconut macaroons
- 6 clear 8-10 oz. glasses
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound of strawberries, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 container yogurt, powdered sugar and 2 tsp each lime juice and zest; mix until smooth. Fold in the 2nd yogurt and cool whip until completely combined.
- To assemble individual trifles, coarsely crumble one cookie in the bottom of each glass. Spoon about 3 heaping tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture on top of cookies then spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of mangoes, strawberries or both on top of the cream cheese mixture. repeat layers ending with a generous scoop of chopped fruit of choice on top. If desired garnish with lime zest.
- Chill trifles in the refrigerator for at least 30-60 minutes before serving. These are also fabulous the next day!